Wednesday, March 22, 2017

March 13th—March 19th: New Transfer with Elder Cottrell

New transfer. So this transfer I am serving with Elder Cottrell from Garland, Utah. He has been out for 6 months and this is his second area. He is a good kid (I say "kid" because he's only just turning 19 on Wednesday!!) and has a great desire to do missionary work. It has been a night and day difference from last transfer and I am absolutely exhausted.  I've never been more tired in my life. Even when I was really ill last year and was falling asleep at the drop of a hat, I still feel more tired. It's just deeper now.  But we have been working hard this week. We haven't really found any new investigators but we have found some less actives to work with. One is a really lovely girl named Sky.  She was baptised about 3-4 years ago but had moved and slipped away from the church. Well, she referred herself on mormon.org and wants to try coming back to church as soon as she can change her job. We also had dinner with bishop again this week on Friday. The bishop and his wife are fantastic, such a great example to me. The bishop took us to meet a less active lady that lives out by them and we talked about how we can help her.  She wants to be retaught all of the lessons again. That makes 2 less active that have just appeared out of no where who want to be retaught. There might be something in this. We are also just trying to find new people to teach. Of the people that we have, Alisha's nan Carol is doing the best. we just really need to get her to church. I think that once that happens she will get baptised.

Other exciting things:
Elder Cottrell is lactose intolerant, which keeps things interesting.
Alisha gave us ghost chili wings which destroyed out mouths.
It has been horrible weather this weekend and we all got drenched.
I think that I know more missionaries that are home than are still out (that scares me and makes me feel super old).
I saw Jackie today and it was fantastic. She is such a great lady. Love her to bits.

I think thats all.  My emails seem to get shorter every week.
Love ya lots!!!

Elder Tarbet
Caelitus Mihi Vires
My Strength is from Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment