Wednesday, March 22, 2017

March 6th—March 12th: Transfers and A Good Talk with the Bishop

This week has flown! It's already transfers as well. I will be staying in Burnley and Elder Koh will be going to Ashton. I will be getting an elder that I know nothing about and so it will be a chance to meet him. He has been serving with Elder Morgan whom I trained so it should be interesting. This week I had an exchange with Elder Anderson from Canada (he's the district leader; and is different from the Elder Anderson that is the zone leader) and it was really good. It's just a 4 man district and all 4 of us have been struggling with unity and working with our companions. It was good to just talk to him and "clear the air" so to speak. It was good to discuss with each other how we can help our companions and how we can be better. It was really good. He's a good missionary. He is going to be training this transfer.
The other major thing that happened this week was that we had a really good discussion with the Bishop. He is a brilliant bishop, one of the best I've served around. We talked about the work; we talked about how we can work better as a companionship; we talked about the Priesthood. I think that was the best part. There is so much that I do not know about it. He gave us the challenge to study it more and then he gave me a blessing at the end and in it he told me to understand the priesthood and to live worthy of it. So for the last few days I've been studying section 121 of doctrine and covenants (again, love those sections 121-123) and also have been really pondering what it means to hold the priesthood. What the Priesthood means to me and to others. and so I have a question for each of you. If you were to share with me one thing that you are grateful for about the priesthood or were to explain something to me about it that would be wonderful. I want to hear about it from your different perspectives in addition to my own study.
Nothing else too exciting happened this week—most of the appointments that we had set up fell through which is a pain. Joe came to church again with his dad so that was good. His dad told us that he isn't interested just wanted to have a look around. A seed is planted.

Well hope that you all have a great week!
Love you lots!

Elder Tarbet
Caelitus Mihi Vires
My Strength is from Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment