Monday, November 21, 2016

November 14th—November 20th: From Hospital to Radio Station, From Rhyl to Anglesey, and From Now and Onward

It's been a weird week. I think that I might have to do more of a play by play than usual haha.

Right so Tuesday we had zone meeting in Rhyl. They have an actual chapel and it is the geographic centre of the zone and so that's where our meetings are the most convenient. After the zone meeting, I went with Elder Cepeda from Dublin, Ireland. He is super funny. It's his second transfer and he is a firecracker. He is a very natural missionary (I think that he is from a similar country helps) but he loves to learn. First thing he told me was that he wants to learn so I should give him pointers. Not sure I was good at that but I was impressed at how humble he is. While I was with him we found one really solid investigator Ian, and one really dodgy one Michale. We had a lot of fun but we were also able to have good success. I think that he needed that exchange, he struggles a bit with his companion.

Wednesday was chaos. We went from Colwyn Bay to Rhyl, to exchange back, then from Rhyl to Anglesey, then from Anglesey back to Colwyn Bay. Elder Cossa had to do a baptismal interview for the sisters out there. It was a pain to do all of that traveling and it took the whole day.
Thursday not too much happened, a pretty normal day. Finally, I was so glad to get back to normal work.

Friday, I woke up and my knee was massively swollen. I was kinda flipping out. I couldn't bend it properly because it was so big. It didn't hurt specifically, but I was really concerned. I called Sister Hillem and she had me go to the hospital to figure out what was up. When we got there they were really quick this time (20 minutes vs 6 hours last time) and the doctor told me that there wasn't much to be done. He told me not to walk, ice, ibuprofen, and elevation. I then called Sister Hillem and told her what they said. She agreed and so I went home, iced and elevated it over lunch and then went on like normal the rest of the day. The walking less was a total failure.

Saturday, my knee had gone down a lot and so that was good. We talked on the radio on Saturday though and that was terrifying. The host was one of our investigators and she was brilliant and had good questions for us. We basically bore testimony over live radio and taught some basics like how is God there when all these bad things are happening. We also talked about the love that Heavenly Father has for each of us regardless of what we do, he loves us and wants us to have the happiness that only the gospel can provide. It was a good experience and I'm glad we did it but I was so nervous going in. Elder Cossa was too but he has just this calmness that is always around him and it's hard to tell if he is nervous or frustrated at any point. It's a very good thing for a leader to have. An air of confidence that brings a sense of peace around him.

Sunday was another day of chaos. We got a call Saturday night telling us that we are teaching young men's. Right. We then get to church that morning and get told that one of the speakers cancels and so we will be on for 5 minutes each talking about self reliance. Right. I then get convinced by my companion to play the piano for priesthood. That was a fail. Even with the top hand. It's a lot harder when people are singing. Luckily the young men weren't there because we used all of our lesson material in our talks. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

From all of the chaos that I have had this week I've learned that we just need to know why we are here in the uk and roll with what comes with a big grin. Life is more fun with a smile.

Love
Elder Tarbet

Caelitus Mihi Vires
My Strength is from Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment