Thursday, February 2, 2017

January 23rd—January 29th: Onward to a New Area and a Date for Emma's Baptism

  Right, so this week is transfers.   I will be going to Burnley to serve with Elder Koh, he came out at the same time as me but was really quiet in the MTC and so I don't know him too well.  The scary thing is that this could easily be my last area. Lucky 7! Companion number 11.
  So this week has been good. We had a lesson with Josh and Christina whilst I was on exchanges with Elder Plaizier from Bountiful, Utah (home sweet home).  It was an interesting lesson. We talked a lot about forgiveness and about the Atonement. That is a topic that I love to talk about.  I could talk about it for ages. It has been just a great and powerful influence in my life. I am so grateful that I've gotten to learn so much about it while I've been here in the UK.
  The big news of the week is that Emma now has a date for baptism. We are super excited for her. She set the goal for the 25th of February. She just has to overcome smoking. We still have a hard time meeting with her regularly but we set up a calendar with her that should hopefully help the new missionaries. She didn't come to church yesterday, which was a let down. All good. She really wants to go through with it all so we are praying for her success.
  Saturday, I went to the doctor's about my migraines.  The doctor explained what it was that creates migraines but he didn't know what is specifically causing mine. He just said that I would need to kinda figure that out.   He said to just avoid caffeine or any kind of stimulants—chocolate, cheese (weird but thats what he said), stuff like that.   He said it could be anything but those are typical.   It will just be a game of dealing with them if they happen.  He said that there are other things that they can do, but for right now with where I'm at he recommended that I just kinda plow on and not mess with any of the other stuff.  The migraine officially ended Saturday afternoon I would say so that made it a beautiful Sunday.

Love ya all and have a great week!
Elder Tarbet

Caelitus Mihi Vires
My Strength is from Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment