Monday, May 23, 2016

May 9th–May 15th: Ankle Injury!

This week has been good and pretty busy. It's never dull on a mission.

Monday—Nothing too exciting happened. Normal Pday stuff, we went to Liverpool for the zone activity which was really lame, so we kinda wondered off and did our own thing. That evening we went to Sister Monsterratt who fed us fantastic Spanish food and then we had a birthday party for everyone. I've never had so much cake as I have the last 3 weeks.

Tuesday—President Ulrich came to District meeting. Probably the highlight. It was fun to kind of have as close of a one-on-one training as we will ever get. There are only 4 of us in the district so it was very personal. We don't get the opportunity to have personal interaction with the Ulrich's very often so it's a great thing when we do.

Wednesday—Maggi had her first interview with the zone leaders, they got a bit squirmy at something that she had said so they decided that President needed to talk to her. We weren't worried but it was kinda a pain. We went and saw the Gerrards that night and we have started to build a really good relationship with Sister Gerrard, which is good, we just need her to build that with ward members.

Thursday—We went to Chorley so I could meet with Sister Beech. That was a proper pain in the butt. We were up at five to get a lift with a member at 6, we got there at 6:30 and didn't have my appointment till 2 that afternoon, so we got our weekly planning done in the stake centre there in the temple complex.

Friday—President came and interviewed Maggi, which was fantastic. He had a great chat with her and we taught all of the people in the lobby with Sister Ulrich. There are some funny people there.  It was good fun. Then that afternoon we played investigator sports with Gabriel. Elder Singsam's ankle has been acting up so he didn't play. So it was me and Gabriel against the other two elders. Everyone else bailed on us. We were to the last little bit of the game before we had to go when my foot caught in an uneven patch and down I went. A nice loud pop was heard and my ankle hurt. A lot. Gabriel, he had been a pro-footballer, grabbed my foot and started twisting and pulling on it, I think it was to see if it was broken. That was interesting. On a scale of 1-10 pain it was at least 18. That evening my foot swelled up to about softball size. Luckily we were able to get some crutches pretty quick from a member cuz I couldn't walk at all.

Saturday—Not too much happened cuz I wasn't super mobile, some members from Elder Korth's last area (we were on exchanges) came and took us out to a pretty nice place called Pizza Express. They are really posh and treated us well. Then that evening we went and gave a less active a blessing. It's Hetti's best friend that actually got her into the church. We walked about 1/3 of the normal walking we do and I was exhausted, the crutches I got were awful and so much work to use.

Sunday—We had church and Maggi was able to get there so that was good. Bishop had a go at my foot which was probably a 25 on the pain scale. The swelling is down to about tennis ball size and I can bare weight on it somewhat. I still need the crutches for longer distances because it hurts to walk.

This morning. My swelling is more down but I've started to get some lovely bruising.

It's never a dull moment on mission life, but it could be worse (or so I've been told). I'm on the mend but bishop thinks I've ruptured a tendon. He said it's the "ruptured L(CP maybe I don't remember) so it might take a bit to get fully strong again. No running for me for a bit.

Love you all and hope that you have a great week.

Elder Tarbet

Sent from the iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment