Wednesday, September 28, 2016

September 12th—September 18th: Moving to Macclesfield

Hello!

So this last week has been pretty insane. On Tuesday, it was zone meeting and guess who shows up unannounced? President and  Sister Ulrich. I was able to have a really good conversation with both of them, it helped so much. The outcome of the interview with me, Elder David and Elder Rongo was that Elder Rongo will stay in Stockport with the zone leaders, and I am now in Macclesfield with Elder David.  The area is much more rural and more middle class. It is actually a semi similar feeling to Southport. We have bikes here as well and it is killing me. My legs are destroyed. We are right on the edge of the Peak District so it's quite hilly here which doesn't help my poor out-of-shape body. The area is so beautiful though. It so green and it also is very historic as well. 

I love Macclesfield. This feels like the place I was meant to serve this transfer. I've been thinking a lot about the chaos that this last transfer has been and how I've now changed areas and companions midway. It feels right though. I was truly meant to serve with Elder Rongo. He taught me a lot and I hope that I was able to help him in some way. I also think that Elder David was meant to be with Elder Peck, he isn't too sure, but he was meant to learn from him, to be forced to grow. Now I am here with Elder David. I don't feel too strongly one way or the other about serving with him but I do like him for sure, but this area is where I am meant to be at this time. Pretty much as soon as I got here I just felt at home. I never felt that in Stockport. I felt super anxious and uncomfortable the whole time I was there. I almost had a panic attack the first Sunday. Here I was nervous (I always am when speaking) but I just felt like I had come home. I love it here. I hope that I get to stay.

The missionary work in this area has been quite slow to say the least, the last convert baptism was 3+ years ago. The ward has just barely gotten a ward mission leader for the first time in about 9 months so that's improvement. It's a super solid ward and is so friendly but just needs a push to do some missionary work. My understanding is that it is changing though, the members are seeing that they should and want to do missionary work. There is starting to be a bit of a buzz so we will see how that goes. I am still learning the area, we don't have much of a teaching pool but that will hopefully change, we have a few referrals and the members have a few that they are working with as well so we will have to see.

So that's about all for this week, I can hopefully tell you more about the people that we are working with and all of the detail next week. I just hope that I stay.  Two weeks is not long enough in this area.
Love you all!

Elder Tarbet

Caelitus Mihi Vires 

My Strength is from Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment