Friday, September 9, 2016

August 22nd–September 4th: Adjusting to the New Area

Hello!

So this week has been interesting. The reason that I didn't write very well last week is because we drove to Chorley with a recent convert, walked around the temple grounds and came back. Then we went to the chapel and I somehow broke a window by slapping it to get the sisters' attention (all of the bishopric have been trying to reassure me that the glass was already weakened because the door had been broken and spamming in the wind).  I call President to ask him what I should do about the broken window (it only broke one of the two panels so the window was still secure).  He then asks me about everything with Elder Rongo and so between everything, my timing to email was shot and I just was not feeling it. 

We had exchanges on Tuesday which was an experience. It was with a relatively new missionary named Elder Peck.  He is from Bountiful and owns the huge house above the Mueller Park Canyon chapel.  He's a nice enough kid and we had a good exchange, we got some work done and I got to explore a new area. There is a beautiful town called Marple off on the edge of our area. It is in the foothills of the Pennines and it is so nice. We walked along a canal track talking to the people that were walking it as well. 

President came on Thursday and we had a 3 hour talk with him.  It was really good. We talked about the area and the dynamics of the mission regarding keeping the rules.  It seems like the obedient missionaries are a little confused on some of the rules, and the ones the rules are meant for don’t obey them anyway. He gave me some suggestions on helping a missionary who is ready to go home. I can't control him and I'm not going to force him. I can encourage and I can try to lead out. That's all I can do. 

So the area is really beautiful on the outskirts and really populated in the center. The ward is quite big now that everyone is home from holiday. There were a little more than 120 people at sacrament yesterday. The building is actually the same design as Southport just here the builders messed up and so the roof is 15 feet higher. The bishop is really good (he got home mid-week) and Elder Rongo has a really good friendship with him. He seems to be a good bishop and the ward seems to like him. He is quite young as well. The ward mission leader is good but always gone, he travels a lot and so we don't seem to see him much.

The zone leaders are in our area, they actually both came out with me one is Elder Rotajać from Bosnia and the other is Elder Searcy from Spanish fork. The zone is called Manchester Zone. There are 3 companionships here—the sisters, the zone leaders, and us. The district leader is south of us in Macclesfield. He is also from my group—Elder David from Germany.

So yeah that's been my week of interesting randomness. This coming week we have a general authority coming—Elder Liemer from Germany. We will see how the conference is on Thursday. I will tell you about it next week.

Hope that you all have had a good week. 
Love ya!
Elder Tarbet

Caelitus Mihi Vires 
My Strength is from Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment