Tuesday, May 30, 2017

May 15th: Things I have Learned

How have you grown? What have you learned? How has your outlook on life shifted? What will you take with you going forward?

I think that the last two years have been a time of massive growth for me. I have had the opportunity to learn from some wonderful and pretty terrible experiences. I have been stretched more than I ever thought that I could bear. But because of Jesus Christ I could bear it. 
I have learned a lot about myself. I have learned I don't have to do everything myself. I can rely on others and rely on God. I can be a leader without being bossy. I have learned that in order to be a good leader, I need to follow but be more than just a manager. 
I have learned a great deal about trust. That once it is broken, it's really hard to rebuild—both others trust in you and your trust in others. Think about others and try to see things from their perspective before you act.  Once you act, it's too late and the trust could be broken. It's possible to rebuild, but it takes a lot of work and some time. 
I have learned that "sorry" is a wonderful word when said with real intent. 
I have learned that most of the time things don't go right and so get used to it and make do with what you have. 
I have come to understand what it means to work with someone, not only by someone, but to have the same purpose and be united. We can have the same purpose but still be individuals working side by side. 
"Thank you" is another really good word.
Being volunteered is not fun. Don't do it to others. If you are going to ask someone to do something, be willing to do it yourself. 
We never really get better at handling trials, trials are always hard because if they weren't, they wouldn't be trials. 
Working hard is great. Working smart is far better.
Efficient means nothing. Effective means everything. 
Never let a book tell you what to do in life—use the information in the book and make it your decision to bring into your heart the things which the book contains (don't be robotic).
You are never too old for nerf wars.
You can be miserable, or you can be happy. Your choice. 
Most things that go wrong aren't necessarily your fault. It doesn't matter though because they are going wrong and now you have the choice to try and fix them or not.
Patience is a virtue that is very painful to learn but very easy to forget.
(I feel like a fortune cookie.)
Always do your best at that given time. Your best is very rarely 100% of your capabilities. If you try to run at 100% then you will crash and burn. All you can do is what you are able to do at the given time in the given circumstances. 
Elder Tarbet

Caelitus Mihi Vires
My Strength is from Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment